A formerly cross-continental & cross-apartmental, now cross-town discussion on film featuring Owen and Matt

Friday, March 27, 2009

Not so smart after all, are you, Mr. Know-It-All

Sorry to prove you wrong and make you look like a fool in front of our legions of readers. Now, I certainly do love Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared too, but TV Apatow just isn't as uproariously hilarious as the best examples of film Apatow are.

Speaking of Freaks and Geeks, isn't it weird that Linda Cardellini, playing a sophomore I think, was the oldest member of the "high school" cast? She was twenty-four when it started. (James Franco was twenty-one, Jason Segel was nineteen, and Seth Rogen was still prison bait at a mere seventeen.)

And I wholeheartedly agree with your bold new vision for our blog. I look forward to applying cinematic discussion and analysis to "urban-suburban hip-hop settings."

4 comments:

  1. Damn, I was partly hoping to start more conflict in the blog posting as we seem to start out every one saying that we mostly agree...such as Linda Cardellini looking younger then Seth Rogen who was probably born looking 39. Also, I don't like her glamorous. I prefer her as a geek.
    So I decided to start a little experiment with the homepage as you can see by the new reference to Mr. Steele. Maybe change the little blurb under the title frequently to whatever might strike our fancy, this one being my favorite quote since Bush mourned the ability of OBGYNs to practice their love of women all across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I don't know, I kinda like the blurb we had. It nicely encapsulated what the blog is all about. The quote is cute, but it doesn't have anything to do with the blog's subject, which is conversations about movies. (I guess I have only myself to blame, since I got this started with my Obama joke; I just couldn't keep my cleverness to myself.) If we do keep the Steele quote, let's at least have the right one: it's "image," not "imagine."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picky, picky, picky. I was thinking it might be fun to change funny sayings somehow. Perhaps maybe not across the top -- I can change that back and add a quote to the side and show you how to change it. I think it would be kind of fun if every time we logged on the quote had been changed to something else. Compromise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that sounds alright. (I don't know how much I'll be changing it, but I might as well have the option.) I just really liked that first blurb, it was simple but said it all.

    ReplyDelete