A formerly cross-continental & cross-apartmental, now cross-town discussion on film featuring Owen and Matt

Monday, March 16, 2009

He owes us!

As far away as one can get from Che (which does indeed require a lot of discussion) is our good friend George Michael Bluth. I just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (trailer) because I needed something a bit lighter after all of the movies I've been watching lately. I don't really have a lot to say about that movie, so I'm not really making it about that movie. The only thing I really have to say is that I found it irritating in the way the people who think they are super cool because they know all the new bands you have never heard of are cool and consider you a philistine (I couldn't resist) because you listen to like U2 or something. Do I feed into that if I say U2 is a bit lame at this point? Anyway, a friend from when I lived in L.A., Nikki, used the term "indier than thou" to describe certain people and I couldn't help but think that during the movie. Oh, and why not make the kids in college? No high schoolers I know live anywhere near the type of life those kids live. I might not be cool, but there are a lot of uncool people like me who find it ridiculous.

OK, so my point is that Michael Cera owes us. If he is going to make a career out of playing variations of George Michael Bluth in every movie he makes, he has to agree to do the rumored Arrested Development movie. I mean come on: Nick and Norah was George Michael in skinny jeans, Juno was George Michael in short running shorts, and Superbad was...well...George Michael. He has previously been the one hold out and gave an interview and gave an interview saying he saw no need. Now he later seems to be catching on and changing his mind, and yes, I just linked to E!. And if you read the text it will make you want to vomit and then vomit again into your vomit. On the subject of the AD movie, I also listened to a great interview with Jeffrey Tambor where he said he said he hadn't signed anything yet but it was pretty much a done deal. Already he has talked about it with Mitch Hurwitz and Jason Bateman.

That's really all I have to say other than that I cannot wait for the AD movie. Especially considering the dearth of film comedies last year, but that is the subject of another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment